XTEK’s HighCom Progresses Collaboration with TATA Advanced Systems Ltd
- XTEK’s HighCom signed collaboration agreement with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd on 17 April 23
- Collaboration covers the supply of advanced Rifle Combat Helmets (RCH) for the Indian Defence market using XTEK’s patented XTclave technology
- Independent Ballistics Laboratory testing in India of RCH has achieved excellent results
- Significant market demand expected starting in FY2024, as Indian Ministry of Defence commences a major capability enhancement program for soldier ballistic head protection
- MoU follows earlier Australian Department of Defence $0.8m grant funding to double its XTclaveTM RCH helmet production in Adelaide.
Monday, 19 June 2023. XTEK Limited (ASX: XTE) (‘XTEK’ or ‘Group’) is pleased to announce that the collaboration between its HighCom Armour Solutions Inc. (HighCom) business and the Tata Group’s, Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) business, previously advised to the ASX on 17 April 23, has taken a significant step forward, with a batch of sample RCH helmets all achieving excellent results and successfully passing independent ballistic laboratory performance validation testing in India.
XTEK’s advanced RCH ballistic helmets, which stop AK-47 and other high-powered assault rifle bullets, are manufactured using the Group’s patented XTclaveTM technology.
The Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) is expected to commence a major capability enhancement program of its soldier ballistic head protection for specialist military units commencing in FY2024, that will potentially see many thousands of new advanced helmets being required each year.
This collaboration agreement with TASL follows the announcement on 31 January 2023 of XTEK having received Australian Department of Defence grant funding of $0.8m to double its XTclaveTM RCH helmet production output.
This excellent outcome places the collaboration between XTEK’s HighCom and Tata Group’s TASL in an ideal position to potentially supply the Indian military with the most advanced next generation “rifle rated” helmets, that will provide their front-line combat soldiers with superior protection from the widest range of ballistic threats at the lightest possible weight.
Scott Basham, XTEK’s Group CEO, said: “The independent laboratory feedback received on the ballistic performance achieved by our RCH, is excellent news for the collaboration agreement we have with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd., and further strengthens our positioning to supply our unique XTclave made ‘rifle rated’ Rifle Combat Helmets into the Indian Defence market.”
This announcement has been authorised for release by the XTEK Limited Board of Directors.
General, Investor & Media Enquiries:
Scott Basham, Group CEO,
T: +61 422 014 593